So I am a little freaked out now! I went in to the appt. ready to talk about IUI (intrauterine insemination) and my RE was all set for IVF (in-vitro fertilization)! We talked about some things including my weight gain and my high risk for diabetes and he put me on metformin. I was thrilled with that idea and he said it should help me to lose weight and fight the insulin resistance. Then he asked how aggressive we wanted to be and I said (thinking moving on to IUI) whatever you think is best we are ready for. Then he said, well lets talk about IVF! I was like Oh I thought more like IUI first. I asked if it would be beneficial to do a SA (sperm analysis) even though I have been pregnant, something has obviously changed, whether it is me or him. He said that was a good idea and we will see what the results are and then decide from there which plan we will do, whether it is IUI or IVF. The problem now is that I made Brian an appt. for his SA and the earliest they can get him in is Monday...then it will take 2-3 days for the results. That puts it way too close to my period coming for my comfort. I am expecting it Wednesday or Thursday. Not much time to get used to the idea either way but I guess we will deal with it as it comes. I am fully expecting the SA to be normal so most likely we will be doing IUI. Brian and I also talked about trying on our own (with meds only) one more cycle since I am on the metformin and maybe that will be all we need. On one hand I think it would be a good idea because it will be cheaper because our insurance will cover it that way but not IUI. On the other hand I am so over all this that I just want to move on and do what is more likely to work!! I guess I have a week and a half to think about doing IUI or trying one last time on our own. That is of course if the SA is good. If not, there isn't a decision to make at all...it is on to IVF! So that is where I am...still confused!
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 Comments:
Yay! I'm so excited for you to try something new! I hope this is it, I know how much you must want it! I can't wait to see you guys, next week! See you then! love you!!!
Good luck girl with whatever path you take! I am excited for you.
If you do IVF will you be doing PGD as well? Or is that not necessary?
Thanks Shannon. Since we have already had our chromosomes tested and are both normal we won't need PGD. ;)
Post a Comment