Annoying contractions. Yesterday morning I woke up and my belly was really tight feeling. I get that occasionally but it always goes away with rest and lots of water. We went to church and then to the grocery and it just got tighter and tighter. When we got home I put away the groceries and got chili started for dinner later that evening and a few times I had to double over...not necessarily in pain but in severe discomfort. If that even makes sense. I finally was able to sit down thinking ok now I will be ok. I layed on the couch for a couple of hours and drank 2 big glasses of water and still felt tight. I tried timing what I thought were contractions but it seemed so constant that I couldn't tell when one stopped and another one began. I really wasn't even convinced they were real contractions but just thought my uterus was irritable and tight. I finally decided they weren't going away and we should call the OB to see what she thought. She wanted us to come in just to be checked out so we packed up the bag (just in case) and headed out. Brian was freaking a little because he went the wrong way out of the neighborhood! LOL
We got to the hospital a little before 5 pm. The nurse put me on the monitor and immediately saw that my contractions were in fact real. Then she checked my cervix...3-4cm dilated!! OMG we freaked out thinking we were going to be having a baby! Since I wasn't actually 36 weeks yet (I was 35 weeks plus 6 days) the OB on call wanted to try and stop labor. I got 2 shots of terbutaline which did nothing to stop or slow the contractions so again, we thought we were going to be having a baby. The OB came in and checked me at 8pm and my cervix was still only about 3 cm. I was a little bummed but thought the contractions were getting a little stronger so we decided to wait a little longer and be checked one more time before being sent home just to be on the safe side. Brian and I walked the halls for almost an hour thinking that if anything was going to put pressure on my cervix that would and if it did nothing I would be more comfortable going home knowing that the walk didn't do anything. At about 10pm the OB came back in and checked...same thing. No change so she gave me an ambien and sent me home.
It is 5am now and I actually slept pretty well due to the ambien but now I am wide awake and so uncomfortable and can't lay in bed anymore. Contractions are still the same as last night...not stronger but also not lighter. I have an appt today at 11am. 6 more hours until I know if this is Haylea playing tricks on me or what! I think I am going to take a bath and relax in the tub for a while.
Monday, July 27, 2009
Contractions...
Posted by April Finch, Independent Thirty-One Consultant at 5:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 Comment:
WOW! Looks like Little Miss Haylea is just about ready to come out! I can't wait til we get the call! Today's the day, I can feel it! :)
Post a Comment