I had my first set of labs drawn on Monday and everything looked good. My HCG (pregnancy hormone) was 147.8 (the highest it has ever been this early) and my progesterone was 36. HCG is supposed to double every 48 hours or so and I had my second HCG and progesterone drawn today and so far so good!!! My HCG was 411! It went from 147.8 to 411 in 48 hours! I was expecting it to be around 300 so I am very pleased. My progesterone went down some from 36 on Monday to 27 today. It is still high enough (they want it over 20) and the nurse said it can fluctuate from day to day but she increased my progesterone pills to twice a day instead of once a day just to be safe. I am ok with that and we will do another HCG (per my request) and recheck the progesterone in a week. My first ultrasound is scheduled for Jan. 2 at 2:15!!! I will be almost 7 weeks. Fingers crossed we see a beautiful heartbeat!
I did have to yell at the nurse who called me though because she told me my progesterone level first and then took a pause before she told me my HCG and I thought it was going to be bad...then when I heard it was 411 I cried and said "don't do that to a pregnant woman!" I told her she scared me because she told me the progesterone first and from now on to tell me the HCG first! Anyway, I was able to let out my first sigh of relief today and hopefully more to come!
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Blood work...
Posted by April Finch, Independent Thirty-One Consultant at 2:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 Comments:
So happy for you! Still praying!
Yeah! I told you I had a great feeling about this pregnancy. You and my grandchild take good care of each other! Love you -- Nancy
Great news...stay well!
Oh Sis, Dad and I are thrilled, this is your year!!! We all have so much Love to share!! Tell My son-in-law he did GOOD!!!! Love, Maw Maw
Post a Comment