Two years ago today I married the love of my life. The funny thing is that the past few weeks I have been sitting in my living room looking at our wedding pictures on the wall and thinking how happy I was that day. I was. I had so much fun on our wedding day. I was a mad woman up to the day with planning and making sure everything was perfect and by the time the day came I was able to just relax and enjoy it. I look at those pictures and think about how I thought all my days of stressing was over. I was married! I had nothing to lose and a future of wonderful memories ahead. Now I completely understand the saying that ignorance is bliss. I am glad I could enjoy my wedding day without knowing the near future. I dreamt of the day we would start a family and at that time my only problem was convincing my husband to start trying as soon as possible. I just couldn't wait to become a mommy and to make Brian a daddy. Then one night about a month after our wedding Brian spelled the word "babies" during a scrabble game to tell me that he was ready. I will never forget that night. It was the beginning of our life together and the beginning of our family. Little did I know that the next two years would be the most trying of my life. It isn't our marriage that has been hard...in fact it has only gotten stronger. I laugh when people ask me if the stress of losing our babies and fertility treatments has affected our marriage. Seriously? Do people really think that could cause a problem in our marriage? Maybe for some couples it does but we are much stronger than that. We figure that if we can make it through 3 losses (two of which happened while living in his parents' basement) followed by a year of infertility then we can make it through anything!
Brian has been my rock the past two years and I honestly think I would have broken down long ago if it weren't for his support. He is the one that sees my tears day after day. He is the one that knows to just hold me and not ask what is wrong. He is the one that makes me laugh when all I want to do is cry. He is the one that always has a positive attitude and never lets me give up. He is the one that I want to make a daddy.
**To my Husband**
How do I begin to tell you how lucky I am
to have you in my life?
I'll start by saying what an honor it is
for me to be your wife.
You're my best friend in the good times
and my rock in times of sorrow.
You're the reason for sweet yesterdays
and my promise for tomorrow.
I never thought I could feel this loved
until I became your wife.
You made the last two years
the best ones of my life. ~Author Unknown
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Two years...
Posted by April Finch, Independent Thirty-One Consultant at 10:30 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 Comments:
Happy Anniversary...you are both lucky to have such a love
and respect for each other. Please tell Brian hello for me and
I think of you both often.
Love, Aunt T.
Happy Anniversary! I am so proud of you both, you both are part of my daily sunshine another reason to smile and be thankful! Here's to many more years of love and happiness! Love,hugs and kisses, Moma
Post a Comment