Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Acupuncture...

Today has been a good day! I woke up to spotting which means the dreaded month break is over and I had my first acupuncture appt. and it really went well. I have been thinking about acupuncture for a while now and while I normally would be the first one to laugh at the idea, I have opened my mind up to different options because I feel it can't hurt and if it helps why not?! I found a place near me that specializes in fertility. I am not sure what to expect other than I hope it helps me to relax and ease some anxiety. Basically they say it helps to regulate the body and improve blood flow and stabilizes hormone levels. It has also been shown to help with follicle growth and increase the lining of the uterus. I guess it can't hurt and even if it is all in my mind if it makes me think it is working then it will ease my anxiety!

I will probably count tomorrow as CD 1 because today has been really light and spotty and I am sure tomorrow will be full heavy flow. I left a message with my RE to set up my baseline u/s for Saturday and to get my meds called in to my pharmacy. I have been really anxious but I just got home from my acupuncture appt. and I feel a little less anxious and more excited than stressed. It was only a partial treatment because the first half hour was just consultation this time but the next treatment next week will be the full hour. I was so relaxed and I didn't even feel the needles go in and if he hadn't told me I wouldn't have even known they were there! I am really interested to see if this at least helps with my anxiety and stress level but it should also help regulate all my hormones and all that good stuff. It was really interesting because this place specializes in fertility so he was very knowledgeable and we went over everything I have been through and what treatments we are doing with the RE and he seems confident that he can help. I hope so!!!!

As always I just want to thank everyone who comes and checks on me through my blog. That is the reason I started this and I know sometimes people don't know what to say or do to help me....heck, I don't even know what I need half the time. Sometimes just knowing that people are concerned and want to know what is going on is all I need and sometimes I just need a hug...even if it is a virtual one! Comments are always welcome on my blog and much appreciated as well as lots of prayers! I need all I can get.

3 Comments:

Michelle said...

((( HUGS! )))

It will be cool to see how much you respond to acupuncture. I have been considering it myself.

Anonymous said...

April,nothing is too silly! I think acupuncture sounds very interesting! i send you my love, hugs and kisses everyday! Good luck sis!

Anonymous said...

I hope the acupuncture helps you. It really is relaxing. I only go for 30 minutes, an hour is probably even better.

(hugs) and :dust: for this cycle!