So today was my follicle scan and I had an appt at 8:15am. The office is about 25-30 min away so I was planning on leaving the house around 7:45. Brian got up around 6am (I know he is weird!) and I remember thinking oh I can lay here for another hour and then I will get up. WELL...next thing I know I woke up and rolled over to see the clock and guess what time it was??? 8:15!!!!!!!!!! OMG I was supposed to be there NOW!!!!!! I ran to the bathroom and threw on some jeans and a sweatshirt, swiped some deo, brushed my teeth, and ran a brush through my bed head...I looked BAD!! I didn't care I just had to GO! So I tried calling the office and I was forwarded to the answering service because they are only open on Saturdays to do scans and follicle checks and that sort of thing. They didn't have their phones on! I had no idea if I was the last appt or not so I didn't want them to leave thinking I wasn't showing up! I am not even going to tell you how fast I was driving! Thank goodness it is the weekend and the interstate was empty! I got there right at 8:45 and on my way I had called the answering service back and they couldn't get through to give them a message but she did fax them to tell them I was running late! So I get there and there were 3 couples waiting but they took me right back. I was soooo relieved!!!
So the results of my scan were great! My uterine lining is 9mm (they like it to be at least 7mm thick) and my left ovary (the one that did nothing last cycle) had one follicle that was 15mm. They want them to be at least 18. So she went to my right and there was a nice big one that was 19mm!!! There were also two more tiny ones and she didn't tell me what they measured but by comparing it to the other one it looked to me like they were only around 5-7mm. That is fine though because I don't think I could have 4 babies! So technically there is only one that is mature enough but I know someone who was told she had 3 follicles, one was just right, one was too ripe, and one was too small...and she shouldn't worry about having more than one...well guess what??? She now has triplets! So I think the really tiny ones are not going to be mature enough but the 15mm one I am not ruling out...along with the 19mm one of course! So there is a TINY chance that if we conceive I could get my wish of twins!!!! I am, of course, not going to set my hopes on it because I would die for just one baby and I would never be disappointed if we had one but a girl can dream right!!!!
Saturday, March 29, 2008
Trigger #2...
Posted by April Finch, Independent Thirty-One Consultant at 6:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment