Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 12, 2008

Angel Tree...

So Mother's Day was rough but not nearly as rough as I had imagined it would be. My mom and I shared some tears which actually made me feel better. At first I wondered if anyone (besides Brian) would acknowledge me and my babies today but after watching us plant our tree my mom got teary and said she was sorry because she just didn't know what she was supposed to do for me today. She said she didn't forget and never will but she didn't know what I would want. She knew Brian and I would have our special time and she left it up to us what we wanted to make of the day. I of course started to cry and told her that was all I needed. Just acknowledgement of my angels and understanding of my pain. I feel so blessed to have a family that understands me. They may not know how I feel but they do try to understand and they let me grieve and cry and are there for me when I need them.


Brian went to the store that morning while I straightened up the house to get a card for our mom's because I just couldn't do it. Just the thought of standing in that card section made me tear up. So he came home with some flowers...I was assuming for my mom but he got two small bunches of tulips for my mom and sister and then he got me some beautiful roses. I was so happy. I also got my absolute favorite Lindor Truffles! They are like silky, chocolatey, heaven!!! Here are the pics!!

Then even though it was a rainy, cold, crappy day outside I still wanted to get our Angel Tree in the ground! My daddy helped Brian and I dig the hole and we planted it together. I am planning on getting a garden stone with a cute saying on it...I have a few in mind but haven't picked the one I want just yet. I will, of course, post pics when I get it! We ended up getting the Weeping Cherry Tree. It has beautiful pink blooms in the Spring and the Weeping variety just seemed to fit the occasion. Here are a few pictures of what it will look like when it is bigger and in bloom. Right now it is pretty sparse because it is a baby.


Here are the pictures of us planting our Angel Tree.



And here it is today in the sun!


And just for fun! Brian grilling in the rain on our partially constructed deck! I will post more pictures of the deck when it is finished!


0 Comments: