Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Six weeks...

Peanut is 6 weeks old and has gained 2 pounds since birth! YAY! She is getting such cute chunky cheeks and growing so well. She can hold her head up for quite a while now and loves to look around and gets the biggest bright eyes when she is studying something! We get tons of smiles every day and a couple days ago even got a couple small giggles! Who would have thought a 6 week old would laugh. We haven't been able to duplicate it just yet but we get the biggest grins so it is just a matter of time before she starts letting sound come out with them! We are amazed every day that we made her. I still have to remind myself that she is what was growing inside me. She is perfect and I love seeing her grow and start to learn new things. Just when I get really tired and start to feel overwhelmed I look down at that sweet face and all the exhaustion in the world is worth it. Sometimes in the middle of the night she will finish eating and look up at me and smile. It melts my heart every time...and of course they say not to play too much and keep them awake at night but how can you not when you see that big smile! I just have to laugh and give her a kiss and put her back down to bed. She is doing pretty well at night. We have resorted to putting her in her swing...it is the only place she will sleep right now. We discussed it with our pediatrician and she said for now it is ok to just do what works...and it is working for us. We will slowly start to ease her back into her bed somewhere around 2-3 months. We do turn the swing off once she falls asleep and she sleeps about 3 hour stretches through the night and wakes up to eat but then goes back down easily. We usually start our day around 8am and she gets a bath and goes to bed around 8pm. We aren't on a set schedule just yet...but that will come. It is still early. I am expecting her to start to form more of a routine after 12 weeks. Right now she sleeps when she wants and eats when she wants...for the most part. I try not to let her go more than 3 hours during the day and 4 hours at night without eating. For one, I think she needs to eat that often and two...my boobs would explode if she doesn't eat that often!
I did a little photo shoot the other day and here are her 6 week pics!

1 Comment:

*Christa* said...

Oh April!! she is simply delightful! So gorgeous!!