Today we had our 12 week appointment with our OB. I was a week early (I am 11w 2d) but that's ok. We first met with the nurse and she went over how the rest of the pregnancy will go as far as when appointments are and certain tests, she drew some blood and answered some of our questions. There are three OBs in this practice and throughout my pregnancy I will meet with each of them at different appointments to get to know them in case my regular OB doesn't end up delivering me. I really hope she does though...I love her! She held my hand through three losses and even cried with us when we found out. I am sure the others are just as good but I really hope she is there when we deliver. So after the nurse meeting we met with my OB and she did the routine girly stuff and then listened for the baby's heartbeat with the doppler. She listened for what seemed like forever and couldn't hear it. Sometimes that happens this early and even though I knew that it still freaked me out a little. We did hear him (I say him just because it is easier and I don't like saying IT!) kick though! She had the doppler completely still and all of a sudden we would hear a big SWOOSH! So we knew he was in there but was just hiding from us! We went across the hall and did an ultrasound since we couldn't hear the heartbeat on the doppler (I wasn't complaining...I got to see my baby again!). I really couldn't believe how much bigger the baby is now! He was wiggling all around moving his arms around and opening and closing his mouth. We got to hear the heartbeat and noticed he kept jerking every few seconds...he had the hiccups! It was so cute! The ultrasound tech noticed my big cyst was still there and that was probably why we couldn't hear the heartbeat on the doppler because the cyst was in the way. No biggie...I got to see my baby again so I am glad it was still there!
Not much else to report...still feeling nauseous and exhausted. Some days I feel better than others and then it seems like the day after that is ten times worse! I know it should only be a few more weeks of this though. This is the hard part. I don't feel pregnant...I just feel like I have a horrible long lasting flu! I am not showing or feeling kicks this early so it is just weird. I am ready for the fun stuff! I do feel much better after seeing the baby today. Knowing he is growing well just reminds me that all this sickness is worth it and there really is someone growing in there!
Here is the baby...head is on the right and his hands are up in front of his face.
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
Hiccups...
Posted by April Finch, Independent Thirty-One Consultant at 3:56 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 Comments:
This makes me SMILE!!!!!!!!! I am SOOOO happy for you! Not too long before your energy comes back, you feel him or her kick you, stomp on your bladder, pry apart your ribs...but it's all beautiful!! :)
Good job, mama! Keep it up!
It made me smile too! I'm so happy this is finally happy for you! What's even better is that my annual trip to Indiana is in late August! :) Excellent timing on your part! :)
Yeah for an u/s!!!!!!!!
YAY April I am so happy for you!! We were told its not uncommon to not hear the heartbeat on the doppler prior to 14 weeks :)
Post a Comment