Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 2, 2009

We have a...

HEARTBEAT!!!!
Today has been a roller coaster of emotions but ended very well! This morning I went to the bathroom and noticed some pink spotting. I started screaming and balling hysterically right there on the toilet and Brian had to calm me down. I just knew it was over. So I called my Dr. to see if they had an opening sooner but they didn't. I did talk to a nurse though who made me feel better. There was no cramping and it was just very light pink so she was not worried. She told me to put my feet up and wait for my appt. That was the longest 3 hours of my life (my appt. was at 215)! Brian played a few card games with me to pass the time and every time I went to the bathroom the spotting was less and less. I still had this horrible feeling that it was over. We got to the appt. and almost couldn't find the place because he practices at a few different offices and we had never been to this one. We finally made it and then had to wait about a half an hour to be called back. My Dr. came in the u/s room and was very sweet. I started balling and saying how scared I was because of the spotting and he made me feel a little better. Then the u/s tech came in and I was relieved it was one of the same girls from my regular office and I know she is very nice and explains everything she sees. As soon as we saw the sac I knew it looked different than last time. I could actually see the baby and not just a little dot...then she said it! "There is the heartbeat!" Brian and I both started crying and I felt bad because my belly was shaking all over the place and I knew she wasn't getting a good picture. She showed us a close up of the heart beat and it was sooooo perfect! At first I didn't see it through my tears but then I did. Just a little flicker inside the bean. It was the most amazing thing I have ever seen (so far I am sure!). For someone who has only ever seen ugly black holes...this one was the most beautiful black hole with a flickering bean I have ever seen! I am so relieved...but still cautious of course. They said they were not concerned about the spotting (which seems to be gone now anyway) because implantation happens pretty much the whole first trimester as the placenta grows and burrows in. They did not see any blood in the sac or in my uterus so they are happy with that and said everything looks perfect! I will be taking it easy though just to be safe. We did not get a heart rate because the machine at that office does not have a doppler but in 2 weeks at my next u/s I will be at my regular office and they will be able to measure it then. Ok now that I have written a book....here are my pics of my little bean!!!!


This one was where she zoomed in to show us the heart beat...
Thank you all for the prayers and support! Keep them coming!

6 Comments:

Kimberley said...

Hooray! Congratulations April.

Anonymous said...

:) This is the best news I've heard in a very long time!

Anonymous said...

That is the most precious little bean I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!
SO SO SO happy for you!!!!!!! I had implantation spotting like that for the first 2 months, I bet you felt very scared! I am glad your day ended so beautifully!
Love ya,
Julie

Anonymous said...

I just happened to find you at the justmommies board and I want you to know my T&P are with you and this post almost made ME cry. I do not know you but I am THOROUGHLY happy for you and wish you the best. :D

Cris and Shawn said...

I am so so happy for you April! I don't know if there are many people who deserve this more than you!!! Congratulations!

Angela said...

*wipes a tear* I'm sooo happy for you!