Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 5, 2009

Way overdue for an update...

Haylea is now 3 1/2 months old and I can't believe how time flies. She is constantly amazing us with her development. She has great head control and can sit in her bumbo for quite a while. She loves sitting up and looking around. She has rolled over from belly to back a few times but usually needs a little help. We also introduced her to her exersaucer about two weeks ago and she loves it too! She immediately learned how to push the buttons to make the lights and music play. It is amazing to me that a 3 month old can learn something like that. I think she is gifted! Don't all moms think that though?! She is still sleeping pretty well with the occasional night where she thinks it is playtime and won't go to sleep. Sometimes after a 2am feeding she lays in her bassinet and "talks" to herself for a while. She is still napping in her swing and the last stretch of night in the early morning but sleeps at night in her bed. We are slowly working on that last stretch in the early morning keeping her in her bassinet. Sometimes it works and sometimes it is a joke! As soon as her crib is finished (should be soon!) and after she gets used to sleeping in it at night we will work on getting her out of the swing for naps. I don't want to change too much all at the same time. I am ready for her to be in her own room but at the same time I think I will be sad. She has never been more than 5 feet from me at night...and it makes those 2am feedings a lot easier! But she is outgrowing her bassinet already. She likes to sleep with her arms out and they are always pushed up against the sides of her bed. I know she will be more comfy in her bed where nothing gets in her way. She looks so big in her bassinet but I know she will look so tiny in her crib! I know in no time she will be rolling all around in her bed and I will find her in the most awkward positions...more reason to get her used to her crib soon. Of course I will post pics of the finished product as soon as I can! There are just a few finishing touches left and then it will be ready for her!

It is hard to believe that a year ago Haylea was just a ball of cells growing inside me and now she is a happy, thriving baby. I am still amazed that my body finally cooperated with me and produced such a beautiful baby. We have had an amazing year and have been blessed so much. I can't wait to see what the next year holds and watch Haylea grow and reach new milestones. Although, I would love for her to stay exactly how she is right now I know she has so much to learn and do and I will be so proud to watch her accomplish it all!

She has her 4 month appointment in a few weeks so I will update again then with weight and all the technical stuff!

1 Comment:

Angela said...

Adorable! So happy for you and your hubby! Have a Wonderful Christmas!